[TYPO3] What software to use to check links?

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Fri Feb 10 17:20:05 CET 2006

Hi Jody

> I tried using the linkchecker extension, and it gave me way too many
> false-negatives. But, in there, it says there are 220 records with
> external links, and a total of 3961 external links.
>
> I run xenu, and after 3 1/2 hours, it's only at 33% and over 80,000
> links.
>
> So, I'd love to find something else, but I'm not having much luck.

checking many external links is always a pain in the a**. Unfortunately
I haven't found the time to continue on cag_linkchecker since long. But
I will have a look at it again next week.

The problem was that - as you mentioned already - always too many links
were qualified as not-working. I think mainly this depends on the
response time of the server that the link is heading to.

If I come up to a better and more refined solution I will update the
extension within the next two weeks I guess.

Btw ... I also have something in mind, that a link checker should be
integrated in TYPO3 4.0 !? But I am absolutely not sure and don't
remember where I read it or if it just has been a nice dream!? :)

Regards,
Jochen

--
:: innovative it-strategies ::