[TYPO3] Cloaking issue in respect of google bots

Alexander Heidl aheidl at fulcio.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:56:13 CET 2006

Dear all,

as I am currently digging right into the subject of SEO I was buffed when I
saw the results of the Google-bot cloaking test. I am running an agency T3
3.8.1 setup which hosts several different customer domains; hence websites.
For all none related domain names I have kind of a standard hit gateway page
at the root of the page tree.

Now, doing some tests for a client of mine I had to discover that cloaking
is not prevented by default t3 setup. Please see
http://www.ranking-hits.de/cloaking.php?submit=CloakingCheck&cloakURL=http:/
/www.dental-offer.com&cloakUserAgent=Mozilla/5.0%20(compatible;%20Googlebot/
2.1;%20+http://www.google.com/bot.html). Apparently Google doesn't like
cloaking which can (will) be bad for the page ranking. Does anyone of you
had/has similar experiences, ideas, solutions, whatever?

BR,

Alex