[TYPO3] Down counter (solved)

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Feb 10 10:36:40 CET 2006

Peter Klein wrote:
> Hi tapio. All values in TS are strings, but depending on the stdWrap
> properties you use, you can convert tose to dates or numbers

> The various parameters for  "date", "strftime" can be found here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/Datatype_reference/

> The reson why I used a Constant, was just to avoid entering the countdown
> date more than once. ;)

In fact I didn't wondere that - but why the constant was an object and
not just a string - but the reason seems to be necessary conversion and
pure string would not worked
maybe
myDate.date=1142095231
or
temp.myDate.date= 1142095231
(I personally use the standard page module, not TemplaVoila)

I have used just pure string constants and using objects in constants
was new for me