[TYPO3] lockSSL=2 -> redirection loop

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Wed Feb 8 18:03:55 CET 2006

When I set lockSSL to 2 on a site I cannot sign into the backend since I
cannot even get to the login screen because of a redirection loop (the
browser is permanently redirected to the very same page and after a
while it gives up displaying an error "redirection limit exceeded").

GET http://www.site.com/typo3/ HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.x 302 Found
Location: https://www.site.com/typo3/
---
GET https://www.site.com/typo3/ HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.x 302 Found
Location: https://www.site.com/typo3/
---
GET https://www.site.com/typo3/ HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.x 302 Found
Location: https://www.site.com/typo3/
---
... and so on

The site is on a server that hosts many virtual servers. When I try to
get to the site through http://server/site/typo3/, everything works fine.

I believe that the cause of the problem might be a misconfiguration of
the server and not Typo3 itself. However, I have no idea what might be
the problem and what to look for.

Config:
------
Typo3 3.8.1
Apache 2.0.54 with mod_rewrite (standard Typo3 .htaccess file is enabled)
OpenSSL 0.9.7f 22
PHP 5.0.4

Could someone please give me a hint?

Thank you in advance!