[TYPO3] Frontend editing: copy and paste content elements?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Feb 8 16:26:12 CET 2006

Martin Bless wrote:
>  tapio wrote:
>

>>You are using TemplaVoila, I presume.
>

> No, I'm not.

Ok. If you want in frontend editing add new content elements you need
the edit panels. They needs to TS template this setting

config.admPanel=1

and in TS config for users/user groups for example this config

admPanel {
enable.all=1
module.edit.forceNoPopup = 0
module.edit.forceDisplayIcons = 1
module.edit.forceDisplayFieldIcons=1
hide=0
}

>>Using the normal page module there is also the button 'insert after'.
> Yes, but I'm looking for "copy this element" and "insert copied
> element after".

not possible in frontend. In frontend you must create a new content
element. You can't use existing as a "model" or "template".

That doesn't work well in Column view either without a plugin

>>1) you can have in backend AJAX-based possibility to move content
>>elements from one position to another - no need to use up/down arrows or
>>copy/pase - *fast and easy*. Great thanks to Máximo Cuadros Ortiz from
>>Spain. Compared with AJAX-supported Columns view TemplaVoila is glumsy.

> That sounds interesting. Is it an extension? Usable already?

yes - as stand alone 'gb_begranddrop' or integrated into
'tm_contentaccess', which has for example intergrated 'kb_pm_paste'
- it is possible to paste content elements into empty columns in the
columns view. You *can't* get them both using stand-alone plugins - they
work together only as integrated.