[TYPO3] russian / cyrillic : Problems with graphical text

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Feb 7 12:36:44 CET 2006

Hi!

Matthias Mark wrote:
> If I write cyrillic the text in the frontend is ok but in the backend there
> is
> something like П and you can't work with it anymore.

BE charset was neither utf-8, nor windows-1251

> I read it's possible to set the charset of the whole typ3 project to utf-8.
> But I cant't set the database to utf-8 and thus I can't use that method.

You do not need to set database charset to utf-8, only BE and rendering
charset should be utf-8.

> Instead of displaying the russian text in cyrillic letters there is e.g.
> Ïàðàïëàíû.

I think you simply do not have proper fonts to use with GD/FreeType
library. There was information somewhere on the lists how to install
them, try searching.

Dmitry.