[TYPO3] Expand content

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Feb 7 12:03:36 CET 2006

Livius Agrippa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to put in my site some "expandable content" and I want to know if
> it is possible with typo3.
> For example to appear only the header in the page and when someone click
> on one header this content expands and appear the body of the content.
>
> If there is an extension for this problem it is better and easy.
>
> regards,
> Livius

You can build that kind of functionality using the content type
HTML
put into header JavaScript as raw HTML
and to the template around the dynamic contents

the id is controlled by the JavaScript in the header.

Problems - if you use visibility you have wide support - display:none
doesn' have as wide support. Please make proper browser tests to show
the content if some browser doesn't support you srcript.

Go to pages, which handles DHMTL script and try to find a script,
which has wide browser compatibility.