[TYPO3] Setting template accessible constants from within Page TSconfig

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Mon Feb 6 18:52:05 CET 2006

> Is the way I was trying to do it not working any more? Or did I do
> something wrong?

Yes and No...

>From  oc_core_tsconfig , last page, last paragraph:

"Notice: In the frontend the setting of default constants will only apply to
a branch of the tree if a template record is found on that page (or if a
template record is set for "next level"). In other words: If you want the
Page TSconfig constant defaults to affect only a certain branch of the page
tree, make sure to create a template record (a blank one will do) on the
page that carries the Page TSconfig information."

So at the very moment I apply an Extension Template I can also use the
TSFE.constants technique.
Seems I don't get rid of the +ext after all...  "Isn't it ironic, don't you
think..."   :o(

--
Jorg Wagner
DigiLog multimedia