[TYPO3] Help with HMENU menu items!

Helge Vad helge at mereteland.dk
Mon Feb 6 11:42:00 CET 2006

>subst_elementUid = 1
This is probably not related - but is this required ?
see http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/TMENUITEM/

> page.10.marks.MENU_LINKS < page.11
It's hard definitively to tell whats wrong, but the above line seems a little strange to me, do you really want first to add your
menu as page element number 11 only to later copy this menu element to your marker MENU_LINKS (seemingly in a template)?
Usally I think you would want to compile TS for the menu ts object in a temp object like this:

temp.myMenu=HMENU
temp.myMenu{
}

and then later apply this object to your template:

 page.10.marks.MENU_LINKS < temp.myMenu

As for the menu disappearing; what happens in other TS templates in pages subordinate to the main page - are you sure that
page.10.marks.MENU_LINKS  isn't overwritten by empty content ? Perhaps you should try to apply simple debug content to that marker:

  page.10.marks.MENU_LINKS=TEXT
  page.10.marks.MENU_LINKS.value=Here goes the menu

and then test each page in turn using index.php?id=x1,.....xn  in order to see if content is actually passed through to the finished
page.

Best, Helge Vad