[TYPO3] // Show disable RTE checkbox

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Sun Feb 5 18:21:14 CET 2006

Hi,

> In the source code is
>
> // Show disable RTE checkbox:
>           if ($BE_USER->isRTE())     {
>
> The problem is that it doesn't disable the checkbox.
> IMO this should have option
>
> option.disableIsRTE=1
>
> to hide the option iself
> I didn't find that option - if so that must add and make a bug report.
> Or is there somwhere else possibility to disable that option - at least
> typo3 4.0 beta2 doesn't have option to disable this checkbox

The best approach to hiding any field in any TCEform - including the
"disable RTE" checkbox - is making that field an "enableField" in the TCA,
isn't it? You don't even need to modify the core to do that, since you can
alter the TCA for tt_content in any extension.

I'd like to see this field becoming an enableField by default in any of the
next releases of TYPO3, however. :-)

Sven