[TYPO3] Extracting the second UID from the rootline

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Sat Feb 4 17:06:25 CET 2006

Hi Jörg,

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia wrote on 04.02.2006 16:23:

> I want to show only a subbranch of a menu. Which branch to show should
> depend on the page that is currently shown.
>
> Example Menu:
>
>     MenuitemA
>         SubmenuitemA1
>             SubmenuitemA1a
>             SubmenuitemA1b
>         SubmenuitemA2
>     MenuitemB
>         SubmenuitemB1
>     MenuitemC
>         SubmenuitemC1
>
> If the current page is "SubmenuitemA1a"  (or ...A1b) then I want to show
> only the subbranch A1 of the menu:
>
>     SubmenuitemA1
>         SubmenuitemA1a
>         SubmenuitemA1b
>     SubmenuitemA2
>

> I am close to a solution by using a TS structure like this:
>   10 = HMENU
>   10.special = directory
>   10.special.value = XXX
> but I would need a possibility to fetch the second uid from the rootline and
> feed it into XXX.  I just can't find a way to do that. Possibly stdwrap can
> do the trick. But how?!?

if I do understand you right, you don't need a HMENU using the special
property but something like this:

10 = HMENU
10.entryLevel = 1

This will display only pages from the level 1 in the active rootline.
Have a look in the TSRef as well to see the different properties of
HMENU and CO. [1]

Patrick

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/HMENU/