[TYPO3] trouble with DBAL and so_chat extension

marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch
Sat Feb 4 14:58:56 CET 2006

Ries van Twisk schrieb:
> how does your DBAL config look like?

I configured DBAL to use the _DEFAULT access via adodb (for starting;
later on I will want to switch over to PostgreSQL). This way I can
simply remove/reinstall ADODB as long as I use MySQL, and everything
should continue to work in an identical fashion.

The typo3 APIs are new to me; I think that perhaps the TCA is not
properly initialized. The Core API doc says that, for extension tables,
one should load the TCA before using the tables. So I thought I now can add

  t3lib_div::loadTCA("tx_sochat_messages");

as the first statement in the function getNewMessages() and
setMessage(). There was a small success: the system did not complain
anymore about not knowing the table; it then gives another message:

Undefined index: columns while calling getNewMessages [...]

To me it looks like the TCA gets initialized from ext_tables.php but the
additions from tca.php are missing.

I don't still understand why these problems only happen when the DBAL is
loaded, perhaps the DBAL forgets to pull in the tca when it recognizes a
table in a SQL statement? Moreover, I don't understand why
t3lib_div::loadTCA does not properly load the whole TCA section for this
table. But perhaps you have an idea how this could be fixed?

Regards
--Marcel