[TYPO3] Creating a new BE-module - fake module for frontend editing

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Feb 4 13:01:29 CET 2006

Hi

Sorry but I must bother your even if this issue belongs to the dev-list.
I know however that in this list is people, who understand dev-issues
very well.

I have creating a pluging, but configuration options have a logical bug.
In http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsconfig/gt_MOD/

modules are BE-modules.
There is no module, which directly relates with FE-editing.

the most natural place for FE options is 'admPanel' but it just doesn't
work. Only few core files use that info.

t3lib_BEfunc::getModTSconfig($this->pageinfo['uid'],'mod.web_X');(X= any
module)
works in all files, which I need. Non technical problem.
Just logical - FE-options are defined under some BE-module.

The closest module is mod.web_view - this module allow FE-editing into a
window inside BE-editing.

How big *sin* it would be to define new FE-options under this BE-module?

for example disabling some buttons.
mod.web_view {
disablePanelButtons = move, delete
}

disables those buttons for a user/user group
even if they are in general allowed

In fact I should build a "fake" BE-module (a fake
because it would not have any BE-module).

mod.FE_BE {
}
But how I could create the new fake module?