[TYPO3] Image in menu

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Feb 3 21:02:09 CET 2006

Alexander Schloegl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this looks like a stupid question but apparently I am too stupid for
> finding a solution myself:
>
> How can a configure a HMENU level to show images from the linked page
> media field instead of text/graphic links?
> I have spent a couple of hours into online research but found no solution.
>
> Any hints are welcome, thanks
>
> Alexander Schlögl

Hello Alex :)

You will have to make a GMENU like:

lib.mainmenu = HMENU
lib.mainmenu.1 = GMENU
lib.mainmenu.1 {
   target = _top
   NO {
     allWrap = <td align="center"> | </td>
     altImgResource.import = uploads/media/
     altImgResource.import.field = media
     altImgResource.import.listNum = 0
   }
}

Of course this generates a horizontal menu but I'm sure you can adopt it to your needs.

greets,
Bernhard