[TYPO3] trouble with DBAL and so_chat extension

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Feb 3 05:03:57 CET 2006

marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I'm trying to get my typo3 to work with DBAL and the extensions I'm
>using. I'm currently using the extension so_chat as an example of
>ajax-like logic. Later, I would like to make my own extensions with DBAL
>and accessing PostgreSQL tables.
>
>When I install DBAL and configure the _DEFAULT database to work across
>adodb, TYPO3 works normally, but this extension obviously does not 'see'
>its table anymore. Any SQL command through the DBAL returns an error like
>[Server_Error] Undefined index: tx_sochat_messages while calling
>tx_sochat_chatbox.getnewmessages()
>
>The error occurs at the statement
>($res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery('uid,datetime,useruid as
>username,message','tx_sochat_messages',$where,'',$order,$limit))
>
>The DBAL debugger does not show any statements. I assume that somehow
>the table name does not make it into the system table array, so the DBAL
>does not "see" the table.
>
>When I remove the DBAL, everything works as expected.

weird, as far as I know is that typo3 uses native mode, unless the table
is specified to be found in an other an other database.
Maby something has been changed lately in DBAL...
how does your DBAL config look like?

>Note: The extension manager shows some errors for this extension:
>
>Table error!
>Probably one or more required fields/tables are missing in the database!
>[but the tables are definitely there, otherwise DBAL-less operation
>would not work]

this is not a problem, I even get them when I creat an extension with
the kickstarter, it's meerly an warning

>No XCLASS inclusion code found in file "pi1/class.tx_sochat_chatbox.php"

Same.. no problem... it's a warning, not an error