[TYPO3] trouble with DBAL and so_chat extension

marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch
Thu Feb 2 21:58:55 CET 2006

Hi all

I'm trying to get my typo3 to work with DBAL and the extensions I'm
using. I'm currently using the extension so_chat as an example of
ajax-like logic. Later, I would like to make my own extensions with DBAL
and accessing PostgreSQL tables.

When I install DBAL and configure the _DEFAULT database to work across
adodb, TYPO3 works normally, but this extension obviously does not 'see'
its table anymore. Any SQL command through the DBAL returns an error like
[Server_Error] Undefined index: tx_sochat_messages while calling
tx_sochat_chatbox.getnewmessages()

The error occurs at the statement
($res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery('uid,datetime,useruid as
username,message','tx_sochat_messages',$where,'',$order,$limit))

The DBAL debugger does not show any statements. I assume that somehow
the table name does not make it into the system table array, so the DBAL
does not "see" the table.

When I remove the DBAL, everything works as expected.

Note: The extension manager shows some errors for this extension:

Table error!
Probably one or more required fields/tables are missing in the database!
[but the tables are definitely there, otherwise DBAL-less operation
would not work]

No XCLASS inclusion code found in file "pi1/class.tx_sochat_chatbox.php"

I suspect that this has something to do with the problem, however I
don't know how I could extend my php source to add this "XCLASS
inclusion code". Does anybody have a simple example?

I'm stuck. Any help about how I could resolve this would much be
appreciated.

Regards
--Marcel