[TYPO3] how to create index of content elements below only?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Feb 1 19:52:01 CET 2006

Bing Du wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Not sure if my question makes any sense, but here is what I'm trying to
> do and the problem I'm facing.  I need to create a page in this layout.
>
> ----
> Introduction
>
> This is the general introduction of the products. Blah, Blah...
>
> Product1
> Product2
> Product3
>
> Product1
>   Information about product1
>
> Product2
>   Information about product2
>
> Product3
>   Information about product3
> ----
>
> I selected Menu/Sitemap as page type and selected "Section index
> (pagecontent w/index checked)" as Menu type.  Then the page is like this:
>
> ----
> Introduction
>
> This is the general introduction of the products. Blah, Blah...
>
> Introduction  (<---  here is the problem)
> Product1
> Product2
> Product3
>
> Product1
>   Information about product1
>
> Product2
>   Information about product2
>
> Product3
>   Information about product3
> -----
>
> Since the Introduction part is in its own content element, it's included
> in the index.  That's not what I want.  Is there a way to leave alone
> whatever (e.g. Intruduction) above Product1, Product2 etc. and just
> index the products?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bing

you must redefine the menu type I don't remember the type
it is type '1' or '4'

tt_content.menu.20.4.excludePID = 1

or something like that look at TSRef to check
Google "typo3 tsref includeNotInMenu"
includeNotInMenu is another property, which You can set. I'm sorry I
don't remember those exactly. That's why is TSRef - you can check
available properties from TSRef and you don't need to remember all of
them (for me impossible).