[TYPO3] pageNotFound_handling - 404 error

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Feb 1 13:38:18 CET 2006

Hi!

Christine Rochelt wrote:
> Thanks, but no actually I do not use simulateStatic. Any other
> suggestions?

Than just use mod_rewrite. I am not a guru in it but there are
directives to test if file/directory exists or not and redirect
appropriately. See in example .htaccess, which is supplied with typo3.

Personally I would rather use realurl and old recreate site structure in
typo3. This will make all old links to the site valid. Also Google will
be happy, your site will not drop ratings.

Dmitry.