[TYPO3] Top Area Applications

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Dec 30 23:48:50 CET 2006

Andreas Balzer
>> that allows nice saving into cookies and continuing work, where it last
>> was
>>
>> * save and highlight last active main module
>> * save and highlight last active sub module
>> * if Web-module highlight in the page tree last active page
>> * if Web-module open the last active page
> Hi
> Tapio.. It's off topic, but don't you think btw that there are a few
> tabs to much? ;)

I addmit that tabbed manu has some space problems,
which concerns usually only administrators,
which have all modules available.
Simple editors don't have too much tabs.
Especially 'Tools' must divide under several tabs.
If space is limited, sub-module names can shortened (then ... for
shortened names - usually reasonable) and even cropped.
Main menus can force to certain width (then hard cropping
using visibility:hidden + fixed width).
But the main advance of tabbed menu
(which works in hover mode and use cookies)
is that it always tells (and perfectly correctly),
in which module you are currently working.
If you use multilevel dropdownmenu,
you need some extra info to know where you are.