[TYPO3] configuring php.ini on shared virtual private server Linux

oneilch oneilch at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 16:47:41 CET 2006

How do I get typo3 to see the modifications I have
made to my php.ini file placed into the root of my
typo3 install directory? I need for typo3 to see the
php conf. "allow_url_fopen On"
Is there a script I could add to typo3 to have it see
these new php.ini changes.

The following phpinfo() check shows - allow_url_fopen
Off :
http://mydomainname.com/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
allow_url_fopen Off

Meanwhile

The following phpinfo() check shows - allow_url_fopen
On :
http://mydomainname.com/phpinfo.php
allow_url_fopen On

How can I make typo3 see allow_url_fopen as being
“On”?

Please assist. Thanks so much