[TYPO3] Duplicate pictures using tt_news

Michiel de Vries michiel at twain84.biz
Sat Dec 23 14:49:16 CET 2006

Hi Olivier,

I agree. Unfortunately this site is not for myself, but for a sports club
(www.duinwijck.com - Dutch badminton). They'd rather not spend more on
server space. This is also part of the problem, we're working with
volunteers, who do not always make the pictures small like they can be on
the web. So the duplicates are sometimes duplicates of 1 Mb, which adds
quickly when you have big series of photo's.

So I'd rather be a bit more efficient with the space we have. And I would
think it must be possible... especially when I have multiple news items
referring to the same picture in the filelist. I find it quite strange that
the picture is duplicated in uploads/pics at all. I would expect a reference
to the original in the filelist.

Regards,

Michiel.