[TYPO3] typo3 4.0.4 and ImageMagick

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Dec 21 18:00:59 CET 2006

Hi,

We're currently running 4.0.2.

After downloading the 4.0.4 source package, I was following
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/installation/doc_inst_upgr/1.0.0/view/5/1/
 to configure typo3 to work in safe_mode.

The Check Image Magick in the Install Tool on 4.0.2 shows:

/usr/bin/   convert   6.0.7
            composite 6.0.7
            identify 6.0.7
/usr/local/imagemagick-4.2.9/bin/   convert 4.2.9
                                    combine 4.2.9
                                    identify 4.2.9

So according to the typo3 installation and upgrade document, I think I
should create symlinks for the binary executables in /usr/bin.  But what
should I do with the 'convert', etc. under
/usr/local/imagemagick-4.2.9/bin/?  I guess I'm not clear what's the
difference between the executables in /usr/bin and those in
/usr/local/imagemagick-4.2.9/bin/.

Another thing confuses me is the 'Check Image Magick' example provided in
the document uses /usr/local/php/bin (path alias?).  What should I do to
make it show up in 'Check Image Magick'?

Thanks in advance,

Bing