[TYPO3] enable page editing but deny deletion of images

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 12:00:12 CET 2006

I have a couple of questions and issues involving a user's ability to
edit DAM referenced images.

1.
I need users to be able to put DAM referenced images on a page, so I
have granted the users the ability to both see and edit page content.

However, if one user inserts a picture, another can go into the page,
and edit it to delete another's image. How can I disable the ability
to delete an image once it is put in? How do I remove the X that
deletes an image?

2.
When clicking on the thumbnail of a DAM referenced image, the metadata
pops up. However, a user is unable to insert the data. Is there code
that enables one to edit the metadata from this popup instead of going
into the file list of DAM?

thanks for any input, links to some external help on a webpage would
also be very helpful

thank you very much.

-Dave