[TYPO3] tt_news categories not displaying

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:46:59 CET 2006

i get this error when submitting new news elements:

RECURSIVE CATEGORIES DETECTED!!
This record has the following recursive categories assigned: China
(10), Asia (9)
Recursive categories will not be shown in the category tree and will
therefore not be selectable. To solve this problem mark these
categories in the left select field, click on "edit category" and
clear the field "parent category" of the recursive category.