[TYPO3] Re: [Typo3] Right-To-Left GIFBUILDER TEXT object property

Tom Sotil tom.sotil at 555webdesign.com
Sun Dec 17 23:59:25 CET 2006

Jesús H. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've searched with no result and studied TSRef looking for it, but seems
>  I can't find this -> I need to render the elements of a menu (Right To
> Left language) in GIFBUILDER but although in the pagetree displays
> correctly (Right-To-Left), it doesn't shows up correctly when rendered
> by GIFBUILDER.
>
> The fonts are correctly parsed from the fontFile but not Right-To-Left
> displayed.
>
> Does anybody have an idea on how to solve it in the case it has a
> solution?.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jesús H.
  I know it's been a while...but I managed to "puzzle together" a script
that would look for the hebrew hex value and then reverse only the
hebrew...it's not a very "smart" script and I also wrote it in a way
where it checks for the "latin1"-charset encoding of the hebrew letters.
What I mean is that the DB of my provider is in latin1-charset, where
the site runs with utf-8. I hope one day they'll change it...anyway, you
can always change the hex-range in the script...if you want it, I'll
send it to you...
Or maybe you have a more "elegant" solution for this problem?
(it came up when I started making a site with a gifbuilder-banner and
some of the tt_news and page titles where in mixed latin and hebrew letters)

greetings,
Tom