[TYPO3] TYPO3-english Digest, Vol 39, Issue 59

Karsten Stanley Andersen cosmic_kid at greasylake.org
Sun Dec 17 22:13:49 CET 2006

> AFAIR since TYPO3 v 4.0 the language pack are obsolete.
>
> Instead of that you need to go to ext. manager. From dropdown list select
> "Translation handling"
> and get the language you need.

Thank you! I hadn't done that. It helped as far as the backend was
concerned. It's now in Danish, but I still can't get my plugins to display
anything in Danish in front end even though Danish is there in the language
file and even though I choose it in the plugin settings. That again makes
the backend part in Danish, but not the front end. Weekdays and months for
example are still in English. We're talking about the tt_news plugin among
others.

And you have to configure your site's language to danish in the template
> setup
>
> config.language = dk (maybe?)
> config.locale_all = dk_DK

Thank you also for that reply. Now, that part I did do, exactly the way you
wrote it, in "Setup" under "Template".

I guess I will mess with it some more, but any new suggestions are of course
welcome. I'm very sorry if I'm missing something very obvious. Sometimes you
just can't see the forest for trees.

Cheers,
Karsten