[TYPO3] Controlling what Frontend users can upload and see - newbie question

Troels Kjerulf trokje at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 10:42:01 CET 2006

Hi there,

im new to typo3, and im trying to figure out how it really works - what i mean is the user process seems automated,

but how would I start if I needed to make a frontuser backend, meaning that :

User XXX logs on to the website, here the user can upload specific documents and put some text for others to read.
Some of those documents are only allowed by specific users to see.

So the USER XXX must allow user XX1 AND XX2 to read those documents. XX3 will not have access to this document.

As im new to typo3 im not sure how i should start this pretty simple task - as an oldtimer using ASP and .net, this is done pretty easy there.
a few hints, or links to articles on "how to" would be great...

I ordered the typo3 book, from amazon - so i hope i can figure it out there as well once it arrives. Meanwhile some hints would be greatly appriciated.

Kind
Troels