[TYPO3] Moving T3 dir

Alexander Arnin avarnin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 23:58:20 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm migrating my html site to T3 and need advice on the best procedure.
What I did was to install T3 on the site's root using RealUrl.  Everything
was fine until Google (ignoring my sitemap) agressively crawled my site and
indexed T3.  So, I decided to rename the .htaccess and index.php in order
to stop Google's crawling.

Of course I can still work on T3 as administrator, but I can't access the
FE unless I restore .htaccess and index.php.  Then I decided to create another
T3 instance in its own new dir but I'm not sure if this is a recommended
solution.   Is it possible to run a second T3 instance without compromising
the database?  If not, what's the best approach to solve this problem.  The
site has several thousands static pages I fetch on T3 and that´s why I don't
wish to start it all over again.

Any help will be appreciated.
Alexander v Arnin