[TYPO3] Private extension repository

Robert John de Stigter robertjohn at bedrijvenweb.nl
Fri Dec 15 15:21:57 CET 2006

Hi list,

How can I setup a private extension repository? There just doesn't see
to be any documentation around on this topic.

I've read the following articles but they didn't help me out:

- Extension ter documentation
- http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/documents/ter-20/page/1/
- httpp://news.typo3.org/news/article/ter2-save-your-private-extensions/
<http://news.typo3.org/news/article/ter2-save-your-private-extensions/>

What I did is:

1. Created a folder "ter" in my fileadmin
2. Placed extensions in fileadmin/ter/ (both mapstructure and t3x file)
3. Placed a file with the name "extensions.xml.gz.needsupdate" in
fileadmin/ter/
4. Ran the script that goes whith the extension "ter" (
typo3conf/ext/ter/cli/build-extension-index.php )

Now 2 files are been placed in fileadmin/ter/ resp. "extensions.md5" and
"extensions.xml.gz"

If I check the extensions.xml file in de zip file it does not contain
any extension data. And if I try to update my extension list in my typo3
installation it says that no new extensions where avaiable.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up a private repository
here?

Thanks,
RJ