[TYPO3] TypoScript by Example (documentation has holes in it)

Peter Marino pwm at esoft.dk
Fri Dec 15 12:04:25 CET 2006

Hi Typo-users,

I'm really going through all the documentation, but there seems to be
missing/holes in a lot of it. The documentation is well written but the
examples are very incomplete.

I'm currently reading "TypoScript by Example" and these are my problems:

page 5> where is this example "www.typo3.com" and "www.typo3.dk" that is
being referred too. I have no way of interacting with it.

page 9> ok, the documentation is not up to date with the current
version, which makes it really hard to find an image on my "dummy"
website that matches the "static template" view.. I found it after a
long search.

page 13> top part of documentation page.. it's a menu being created..
but where did the "Content elements", "Images", "USER", "Back to
Startpage" and "Another Site..." webpages get created?? I seem to be
missing something before doing this TypoScript by Example.

page 13> bottom part of documentation page.. it refers to
page.5 < temp.topmenu ... only problem where/what is temp.topmenu!! I
never saw a point referring to it or creating it.

I seem to be on the wrong track of this documentation.. can someone
point me on the right track... I seem to be missing something..
I have already read in this order "Modern Template Building, Part 1" and
"TypoScript Syntax and in-depth Study".

please help me.
Peter Marino