[TYPO3] glitch with typoscript? or tv mapping?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Dec 15 08:41:14 CET 2006

Hi!

Cate & Peter wrote:
> I have recently shifted hosts, which resulted in a whole lot of other
> issues, including database and table fixing. As a result when I went to
> continue working on my tv templates, of course they all needed remapping.

Why? You should have used "Export to t3d" on the old host and import it
on the new host, so everything would be intact.

I suggest to go and check properties (not mapping!) for that field once
more. It may be that you will see there "lib.myObject" instead of
"lib.currentpagename" (this is fixed in the coming version).

> Of course, the first thought would be the tv mapping, but I have checked and
> triple checked that, and everything seems to be correct - so I am wondering
> if I had altered this a while ago and done something silly - can someone
> just check it for me to make sure it is correct? If this is right, then it
> would have to be the tv mapping, so I will check again.

That TS object is too complex. Imagine, you have so many lines and you
are doing additional sql SELECT only to get title! Why don't you simply
use this:

lib.currentpagename = TEXT
lib.currentpagename.dataWrap = <span
			class="currentpagename">{page:title}</span>

Its only two lines (remove line wrap on the second line!) and much much
faster.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/