[TYPO3] database.sql

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 13 15:31:40 CET 2006

Hi!

Peter Marino wrote:
> went on to the next tutorial "Modern Template Building, Part 1".
> i come to the part about importing the database,.. but don't
> have any file called "database.sql"...?!?! is it missing or is
> it something i need to download or generate?

No :) After you put typo3 to your server, simply navigate to the root of
the site and typo3 will run in install-1-2-3 mode and import everything
for you (and even create admin/password user!).

> BTW: I'm a full pledge newbie to typo3,... my boss wants us to use
> it so I have to learn it.. at the same time his is asking me
> impossible questions like how long will it take for me to learn it?
> Does anyone here know how many days or weeks or months it takes to
> be somewhat professional using typo3 (i need to give him an estimate).

There is no good news, usually this takes at least a month of work.

Ask your boss to order a typo3 book (see here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/typo3-book/), it will really help you.
While it is about typo3 3.8, it is still good for 4.x.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs