[TYPO3] Can TV be used with template auto-parser together?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Dec 12 23:23:59 CET 2006

Hi,

Typo3 4.0.2
templavoila 1.1.0

We already had a website that's created using the Template Auto-Parser
extension.  Now we installed TV and need to create a subsite that's in the
same page tree.  This subsite inherits the page template from the root
site.  So the subsite has the look and feel (e.g. banner, navigation,
etc.) of the root site.  We just want to use TV and flexible content
element to set up the subsite's content area.  I created a content area
html template and did mapping, etc.  I was able to see the flexible form
and fill in the contents.   But the page's content area is blank on the
frontend.  In the subsite's page header, I see

Select template:  (normal dropdown list and icons)
Select content area template: (normal dropdown list and icons)
Page Template Structure:  (dropdown list empty)
Subpages - Page Template Structure:  (dropdown list empty)
Content:
  Data Structure ERROR: No source value in fieldname "tx_templavoila_ds"

I've google'd that error and looks like it's a complain about page
template.    So the question I have is can TV be used just for the content
area?

Thanks in advance,

Bing