[TYPO3] Rollover page descriptions for menus

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Tue Dec 12 19:04:32 CET 2006

Hi James. You can do that using pure CSS (No need for JS).. Try this simple
example..

-- cut --
 a span { display: none;text-decoration: none;}
 a:hover span {display:
block;position:absolute;top:100px;left:200px;color:black;padding:10px;border:2px
solid black;}

<A HREF="#">Link 1<SPAN>Description text for link #1</SPAN></A><br />
<A HREF="#">Link 2<SPAN>Description text for link #2</SPAN></A><br />
<A HREF="#">Link 3<SPAN>Description text for link #3</SPAN></A>
-- cut --

Then all you will have to do, is extend your menu to add the SPAN tag with
the description, next to the menuitem title. ;)

--
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd.

news:mailman.11683.1165942813.21325.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...