[TYPO3] Rollover page descriptions for menus

James Corell jcorell at e-p-c-s.com
Tue Dec 12 18:01:09 CET 2006

I'd like to configure TYPO3 to display a description block somewhere in the
layout when a user performs a rollover of a menu link (from an HMENU). I'll
need some way to pull a description from the page object, insert it into a
named DIV element somewhere on the page, and insert that DIV name into the
HMENU link.

The link code would end up like this: <A HREF="index.php?id=xxx"
onMouseOver="display('divName');" onMouseOut="hide('divName');">Link
Title</A>
The description code, shown elsewhere on the page: <DIV
NAME="divName">Description text</DIV>

I can get away with hard-coding the DIV containers for the time being, but I
still need the dynamic menu. Any ideas? Where should I start looking for
this capability, or am I going to need to write this into TSConfig (or an
extension) from scratch? I can probably use the "Abstract" field for data
storage.

James Corell
EPCS, 111 W. Mitchell St. Suite E, Gaylord, MI 49735
DSL for Businesses - Websites That Work!
jcorell at e-p-c-s.com www.e-p-c-s.com
989-732-1366 (fax 989-732-0893)