[TYPO3] connecting through an anonymous proxy

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Dec 11 00:10:17 CET 2006

Nagita Karunaratne wrote:
> Zorik wrote:
>
>>> TYPO3 says that cookies must be enabled
>>>
>> usually it is true.
>> please make him double check if cookies are enabled and use permissive
>> security level (in IE).
>>

> Thanks for the help. I guess this is not an anonymous proxy. The ISP
> pools about 30 dsl customers on a single network and hands them a
> different IP for each request. I think he'll have to switch to dialup.

This is a weird setup what the ISP is using.
Since a lot of webservices will break using a different IP for
each request, think of webmail, banking etc etc)
The poor guy will lose his sessions over and over again.

if I was him I would talk to teh ISP and let them know that
what they are doing is wrong.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk