[TYPO3] direct_mail and tt_news

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sat Dec 9 01:58:36 CET 2006

Hi,
I've posted about this before because I've had lots of problems with
understanding how direct_mail and tt_news interact. I always tried to
get a tt_news LIST element to be rendered in the plain text view but
didn't get anywhere until I finally realised that you're only meant to
insert news records, not the plugin. However, this is rather convenient
and I'm still wondering if there is a way of rendering tt_news' LIST
view for plain text. Does anybody know?

Then I also have the problem that I can't figure out how to limit the
output of the record to only a part of it. There are tt_news fields
which I don't use and therefore don't want to display. Is it possible
to suppress these fields in the output?

Cheers,
Christian