[TYPO3] RealMedia Player: installed but not visible?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 8 18:36:59 CET 2006

>> Hi,
>>
>> Typo3 V4.0.2.
>> rg_realmedia 0.3.0
>>
>> Has anybody used the RealMedia Player extension rg_realmedia?
>> Installation was fine.  It's listed in the loaded extensions list.  But
>> when I inserted the plugin in a page, I didn't see it in the drop down
>> plugin list.  How come?  I've never seen such a problem with extensions
>> before.
>
> Never mind.  rg_realmedia creates a new file type 'Real Media Player'
> rather than being inserted as a plugin.

But I still have a question regarding the rg_realmedia extension for those
people who have experience with it.  Right now on our site, we provide a
bunch of  URL links of the remote real media files.  That requires viewers
down load real player.  I hope rg_realmedia can be used to do in-line
playing.  Is there anyway for rg_realmedia to play a real media file on
another server?  The media file's URL is known.  But seems rg_realmedia
only accepts local (either local on the typo3 server or on the local disk
drive) media files.

Ideas?

Bing