[TYPO3] Adding pages

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Dec 7 12:00:42 CET 2006

>>> While waiting for someone to answer my other question, I was casting
>>> about for indications of the problem I had in not being able to
>>> create any pages.
>>
>> Klick on the "world" icon of the rootpage in your "pagetree" (which
>> isn't a complete tree yet).
>> In the popup-menu select "new".
>> Then you will see a list of possible new records to create appearing
>> in the right frame.
>> Klick on "page (inside)"
>> Fill out the form
>> Save
>> Done
>>
> Okay, I just went through that again, I now have three pages with
> titles and subtitles saved, but nothing shows from outside. In the
> section that says "Content", where I think I should be able to
> actually enter something, is this comment:
>     Data Structure ERROR: No source value in fieldname
> "tx_templavoila_ds"

My advice was meant for the default TYPO3 install without additional
extensions like TV.
So you should disable the TV extension and use the default page module.
Which is a good idea anyway if you are a beginner.

Then you should read this:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_n1/current/view/
to get a basic understanding of the templating principles for TYPO3.
After that you might find these interesting:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect/current/view/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect2/current/view/

Finde more interesting stuff here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/