[TYPO3] 404 handling with simulate static

Simon Child news0503 at srchild.com
Wed Dec 6 14:41:27 CET 2006

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1165410642.19498.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

> Simon Child wrote:
>> [Do I have to do some rewriting of all incoming url's to end in html??
>> Could be messy, since e.g. displaying a page from backend launches it not
>> as 123.html but as index.php?id=123]
>
> I think you should care more about your visitors, not what you see from BE
> ;)

OK :)

What I meant was that if I simplistically rewrite all requests that don't
end in html, then

    index.php?id=123

might end up as

    index.php?id=123.html

and so backend preview wouldn't work.

But in fact, if I first test for existence of file before rewriting, then
since index.php does exist, and indeed myfile.pdf also exists, my initial
thought might work out alright. When I get a chance I'll experiment with
some rewrite rules, but in the meantime Google has already recognised my 404
is working and has validated my sitemap, so that is good :)

Thanks

--
Simon Child