[TYPO3] How could an image remain in its source directory and not copied to '/uploads/pics/'

Bert Hiddink hiddink at bendoo.com
Tue Dec 5 17:06:04 CET 2006

Hello!

By default, if is set in the BE for the Content Elements "Image" and
"Image w/text", under Image options:
- Image quality/processing --> None (ignore all these options)
...then the selected image is still copied from the source directory
('fileadmin/something/') to '/uploads/pics/'. Personally, I do no see
the sense of this as the image will not be processed by IM or GD...

I would like to achieve that in case the user checks the option
- Image quality/processing to: None (image_quality==1)
that the selected image stays in its source directory and is not copied
to '/uploads/pics/'.

Would this be possible by changing the TS?

Thanks for your ideas!!!!

grt,
-brt

--