[TYPO3] ALT and TITLE for IMAGE cObject

literayz at hotmail.com literayz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 01:53:04 CET 2006

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I am working on my first Typo3 site located at:

http://www.macchristianhigh.com/index.php

So far I am getting things configured using the modern template building tutorials.

I have an IMAGE cObject and I am not sure how to control the text for the ALT and TITLE variables within the <image> tag.

Here is what I currently have and it it does not seem to work as my ALT and TITLE variables are still empty on the FE.  I have tried many different times to make this work with no success.

temp.tab = IMAGE
temp.tab {
 file = fileadmin/template/main/homepage_tab.png
 file.import.data = levelmedia: -1, "slide"
 file.import = uploads/media/
 file.import.listNum = 0
 file.import.override.field = media
 file.alttext.value = {page:title}
}

As you can see I was trying to set the images ALT text by using the following, file.alttext.value = {page:title}, and it does not work.

I would like to set the text for both the ALT and TITLE variables of the <image> tag.  Can someone please help me with a snippet or a specific post/reference item that I can look at to figure this out.

Thanks,

Christian