[TYPO3] $TSFE-Frontend-Password with LDAP

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wogri at wogri.com
Mon Dec 4 00:07:36 CET 2006

Hi Typo3-Folks,

I'm trying to write an extension that displays imap quotas, and an
extension that will enable editinig of sieve scripts (cyrus).
For that I need the username and password of somebody who logged into
the frontend (to forward the password to the IMAP server).
I'm using ldap_auth, and somehow I can't find the password of the
user in $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->user.
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->user["password"] is just empty. Does
anybody know why? I guess it has to do with ldap-authentication, but
I hope there must be a way to get this password, or am I thinking wrong?

Thanks for any hints;
wogri

wogri at wogri.com
http://www.wogri.com