[TYPO3] HMENU/TMENU: 2 levels in 1 menu?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sun Dec 3 22:36:57 CET 2006

Peter Klein wrote:
> You can use COA's inside HMENU's. You just have to read TSRef to find the
> correct way of doing it.

I have been trough TSRef but that wrapping thing stays a mystery sometimes..

> if you want to use a COA INSIDE a HMENU/TMENU, you can do something like
> this:
>
> -- cut --
> 10 = HMENU
> 10.1 = TMENU
> 10.1.NO.stdWrap.cObject = COA
> 10.1.NO.stdWrap.cObject {
> <.. Your COA code here ..>
> }
> -- cut --
>
> --
>  Peter Klein / Umloud Untd

The code above will wrap around each item in the menu.  I would like to
add 1 line on top of the menu.
But, I'm getting close now.  This is what I got:
-- cut --
temp.mainmenu.20.2 = TMENU
temp.mainmenu.20.2 {
  expAll = 1
  wrap = <UL class=level1> TEST | </UL>
  NO.wrapItemAndSub = <LI> | </LI>
}
-- cut--

This shows the word TEST on top of the menu.  But instead of this fixed
word TEST, I would like it to be something like:
10 = TEXT
10.data = leveltitle:-2
10.typolink.parameter.data = leveluid:-2

Now, I can't think of a way to get this done with the wrap for the moment...

I also experimented with .before:
-- cut--
temp.mainmenu.20.2 = TMENU
temp.mainmenu.20.2 {
   NO.before.data = page:title
}
-- cut--

This puts the name of the page title before each element in the menu,
not once on top of the menu.  .before does not seem to work for the
entire submenu.

Regards,
Pieter