[TYPO3] vbulletin & typo3 integration

Antonio Willybiro keiser_soze at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:40:57 CET 2006

Hi there,

I am planning to integrate Vbulletin on my website and was wondering if
someone with some experience could give me some tips.

I planned to have 1 Typo3 Multi-domains installation with each of the domain
using their own template and therefore own vbulletin design. The users can
be synchronise among all domains, that would be fine. I would hve several
installation of Vbulletin on the server (one for each domain).

I. First is the embedding of Vbulletin in Typo3: where should Vbulletin be
installed?
1. Is it better that it is in the same folder that Typo3 root or anywhere
else would do the job?
2. The Vbulletin database: should it be in the same database as the Typo3
install or it can use it's own database. In the later case i would use one
database for all Vbulletin installs.

II. Which extension to go with?
hr_vbulletin_connect which as been updated today would be the more logical
choice?
But there are also vbulletin_connect and vbulletin_auth.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Cheers
Antonio