[TYPO3] HMENU/TMENU: 2 levels in 1 menu?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sun Dec 3 14:58:12 CET 2006

Tyler Kraft wrote:
> why not just give use your tree structure and then ask how to do it as a
> menu...
>
> -home
>   -page 1 <I call this level 1>
>   -page 2
>      -subpage 2.1 <I call this level 2>
>      -subpage 2.2
>      -subpage 2.3
>   -page 3
>   -page 4
>      -subpage 4.1
>      -subpage 4.2
>   -page 5

The level 2 menu should show the title of page 2 and the titles of
subpage 2.1+ 2.2 + 2.3 but also the title of page 4 and the titles of
subpage 4.1+4.2.  So for the page structure above, the menu looks like this:
-home
   -page 1
   -page 2
      -page 2
      -subpage 2.1
      -subpage 2.2
      -subpage 2.3
   -page 3
   -page 4
      -page 4
      -subpage 4.1
      -subpage 4.2
   -page 5

It's a vertical menu with the submenus popping up as the visitors hover
over them.  The problem is the visitors tend to go directly to the
sublmenu (for example subpage 2.1) and they don't look at page 2.

Regards,
Pieter