[TYPO3] change default language

Dmitriy Osadchiy dmi3 at clarity.kiev.ua
Wed Aug 30 15:37:26 CEST 2006

 > I have two languages in my T3 installation, dutch and english.
 > Dutch is the default language at the moment. How can i make english
 > the default language? So dutch will be 1 and english 0.

I am faced with same problem. The only difference I have 3 languages:
0 - German
1 - English
2 - Chinese

And now I need to swap German and English, cause Chinese editors do not
understand German and all the pagetree made in German.

 > So, basically this means that in the backend the 2 columns have
 > to be switched within a fully operational system (200 pages). This is
 > mainly needed to have the 'copy from default' feature supported for
 > English in stead and not for Dutch.
 > Will this be mission impossible?
I hope it is possible. I will try to made it on my server. But this
problem connected not only to languages, but to pages,
pages_language_overlay, tt_content, tt_news and so on tables which are
developed to be localized.
Also I need to reconfigure some extensions I think.

So if you solved this problem already then it would be good if you write
me this. If not, then I will try to do it and share with everybody.

P.S. Also I use UTF-8 as codepage for website and latin1 for DB as I
know (not sure).