[TYPO3] stupid question

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 30 14:53:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Hi all,
>
> this should be trivial, but I have been trying and googling all day
> and do
> not find a solution.
>
> I simply want to have the image of a textpic content element (i. e.
> the
> image stored in a record of type textpic in tt_content)to be
> rendered as an
> IMAGE content object.
>
> I have something like
> page.20 = IMAGE
> page.20.file = ???? How to get a field here???
> page.20.width = <something>

Well, you could use the CONTENT cObject to fetch the record.

As for the IMAGE cObject I'm not entirely sure, but since the file
property is an imgResource and the imgResource function has a
property called import which is itself a stdWrap function, it should
be possible to work something out, along the lines of:

page.20.file.import.field = textpic

or with the data property, which is a getText function, opening up
other possibilities.

HTH

François Suter
Directeur technique