[TYPO3] "Caption for popup image" extension and showpic.php

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 28 16:59:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Does anybody have an idea how to make this extension work under TYPO3
> 4.0 ?

I don't have the whole answer to your question, but at least a clue.
The showpic.php page doesn't exist in the root of the site anymore.
It has been replaced by another mechanism. When calling up the
index.php page, if the query parameters of the URL contain a "eID"
parameter, the normal processing is interrupted and other scripts are
executed. This is how the showpic works now. You can take a look at
Kasper's podcast entitled "4.0 TechInsight: Frontend AJAX case story"
for more details.

The extension will then have to be adpated to use this mechanism, but
I don't know exactly how. I'm sure you can find how by looking at the
part of the core that assembles the showpic link.

Hope this helps.

François Suter
Directeur technique