[TYPO3] on-line magazine

Tim Loenders tloenders at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:06:01 CEST 2006

I am making a magazine site in typo3 and I also use the pages for
flexibility.

It would be nice if there was an "article" content type however, with
author, categories, attachment, link(s), and probably some more properties
and some different view types... where articles are registered without being
put on a page.

Because than you could define different type of views per article with
lay-out per category and you could choose what articles to diplay on a page
(now a content element is part of a page and is deleted when the page is
removed). Also a teaser view would allow to create a home or overview page
with the most interesting or recent articles and so on. I was looking for
that, but couldn't find it in the extension list.

Since I am not much of a php developer I can't make it so I switched to the
page structure in the end and for now this works rather good, but it's not
ready yet and the number of articles is rather limited now.

Tim

On 8/28/06, Dmitry Dulepov <typo3 at accio.lv> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Andre Dittmar wrote:
> > Hello Laura,

> > Good choice, but in this case this doesn't matter :-)
>
> It does: easier for beginner and more flexible in general.
>
> > I think that tt_news will be a good choice to handle the sections:
>
> I do not think so. You cannot put various elements on the same page.
> This is a huge limitation.
>
> Generally pages in the tree may serve as categories and sitemap will
> provide category listing perfectly. It will be possible to put anything
> on the page: from simple text to output of various extensions (not
> possible with tt_news!).
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> http://typo3bloke.net/
>
> "It is our choices, that show what we truly are,
> far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)

Tim